1. The Row ‘Wrapping Wayfarer” ($455 US at Barneys)
2. Rodarte for Opening Ceremony ‘Roy Orbison’ ($218 US at Shopbop)
3. Thierry Lasry ‘Celebratory Shades’ ($328 US at Anthropologie)
4. THE STEAL: Westal ‘St Jane’ ($90 CAD at Watch IT!)
5. Ray-Ban ‘Azure Acetate Wayfarer’ ($145 US at Net-a-Porter)
6. Oliver Goldsmith ‘Manhattan’ in Grape ($429 CAD at Bruce Eyewear)
Since sun finally arrived in Vancouver (I swear it’s the last place to arrive!), I thought I’d do a couple of sunglass shopping guides, starting with the classic wayfarer, but re-imagined with fun colours and patterns. First designed in 1952 by Ray-Ban, it was popularized by James Dean, JFK, Bob Dylan and other super cool amazing people.
Audrey Hepburn wearing Oliver Goldsmith in Breakfast at Tiffany’s
A BIT OF FASHION TRIVIA: Contrary on the popular belief, Audrey Hepburn did not wear Ray-Bans in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The famous green-lensed tortoise sunnies she wore were by Oliver Goldsmith, a style he named “Manhattan” that was re-released a couple of years ago. One can get the exact pair as Audrey’s or you can get the fun purple ones above.
Oliver Goldsmith ‘Manhattan’ in Dark Tortoiseshell ($429 CAD at Bruce Eyewear)
You love me now.
PS. Check out Solo Lisa’s take on the wayfarer (love the bright green ones!)