Today is a 3rd anniversary of my blog. My first post was about Michael Jackson. Although I cringe at some of my early work (here’s a lesson: if you do something long enough, you get better at it), I’ve written a lot of stuff — 875 posts to be exact.
Shall we do a Top 10 in chronological order? Let’s!
1. My Love Affair With Hermès and the Great Debate: Kelly or Birkin? (December 14, 2009)
On a recent flight, I watched Hearts and Crafts, a film about the craftsmen and craftswomen at the Hermès factory. I cried a little. I still believe I hold some good karma with Hermès, so who knows? Maybe one day a Kelly will arrive into my life.
2. Lanvin for H&M (and Thoughts on Designer Collaborations) (November 4, 2010)
Designer high street collaborations are the evil stepsisters. But they are sure fun to party with.
3. Colour Trends S/S 2011: From Runway to H&M (December 21, 2010)
Ever wonder how runway looks “magically” appear on the racks of our favourite fast fashion retailer? Guess what? It’s all predetermined.
4. Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture (January 27, 2011)
This piece was less about about Givenchy and more about what it means to be a couturier. But did you know that each outfit in this collection required 2,000 hours of cutting and 4,000 of sewing? That’s right.
5. The Next Big Maestro, Q&A With Silvina Maestro (February 17, 2011)
I just adore London-based Silvina Maestro and look forward to seeing her career blossom.
6. Screen Style: In the Mood for Love (May 24, 2011)
The most beautiful film ever made — simple as that. Maggie Cheung wears a qipao like no other and Tony Leung smokes a lot of cigarettes.
7. Style Icon: Tina Chow (June 21, 2011)
8. If I Were Rich, I Would Buy… La Peregrina (December 20, 2011)
Elizabeth Taylor’s estate auction was insane, but the story of this legendary pearl is freaking epic. (Queen Mary Tudor is certainly rocking a scowl face for someone that’s wearing the biggest pearl in the world.)
9. Daphne Guinness (and Me) (December 29, 2011)
Oh, yeah: remember the time I was quoted in Daphne Guinness’ book?
10. PRADA Spaces (or Why I Love Prada) (January 26, 2012)
Prada consistently redefines the way fashion is experienced — bar none, the most influential designer of the last decade.
Most importantly, thank YOU for reading.