Edited by: Jennine Jacob, IFB
They say the only dumb question is one you don’t ask, and these days the questions keep coming and the answers? Well, we try. In the fashion world… Lady Gaga, is she really doing it for the girls? What does working with Terry Richardson do for/against her cred? Should we question the ethnic headdress trend? Has fashion blogging become overloaded and narcissistic? What’s the real price of our clothing? And more importantly what should we wear to a movie date!?! Oh man, the questions they keep coming. Luckily this week’s roundup has some answers.
Links à la Mode: July 8
- 365 Fashion Rehab: Nautical Stripe Shorts 4 Ways
- Denimaniac: Paris Fashion Week SS11 Denim Looks
- Fashion Butter: Beach wear, street wear
- Fashion Cents: What to wear to a movie date.
- Fashionista Lab: Traveling light: Plan ahead
- Fete a Fete: Nars Summer 2010 Colors
- Hello Beauty! Urban Decay Summer of Love set offers a palette that’s all about gorgeous sparkle and a vibrant pop of purple
- Holier than Now: The New Hipster Headdress – fun fashion or not-funny appropriation?
- I’m the It Girl: Master Control: Q&A with Design + Conquer
- I like socks: The price that we are willing and able to pay for our clothing.
- Oranges and Apples: My fiancee made me a dress! Lots of pictures and some thoughts on gender divisions in the crafting world.
- Rocker Repro: Lady GaGa: Yeah, but what is she doing for her female fans?
- Rah! Rah! Style Revolt: Information Overload: 2010 & The Blogging Revolution
- Retro Chick: Love yourself, Love others, Love Vintage Challenge
- Return to Sender: Losing some weight! (but not from where you’d think)
- Shrimp Salad Circus: Greta Pollman handmade feature and giveaway
- The Coveted: American Living Preview
- The Fish Tank: Gothic, grunge Jewelry
- The Thrify Poet: Is fashion blogging narcissistic?
- Wicked Whimsy: Fashion & Accessibility